Support the Director/Manager, Payroll with the payroll processing systems. Responsible for providing Tier 1 support across a range of payroll systems and collaborating with appropriate parties both internal and external to resolve complex issues. Identify and fix complex queries within or outside the HR/Payroll team. Compile data, analyze data and create reports. Perform administrative and project/program support for the department including colleague requests, training or assisting and/or managing colleague events. This position performs high-level analytical functions and operates autonomously and exercises discretion and judgement.
- First point of contact to resolve Tier 1 (simple queries) and transactions related to all payroll systems/tools, including but not limited to Workday, as well as the timekeeping systems Workday, Accutime, and Altametrics. Provide support for the various system integrations.
- Acts as one of our in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) for payroll systems. Provide expert advice to colleagues and managers on Tier 1 related issues.
- Escalate complex issues and work with Tier 2 support (Ilitch IT, Workday or AMS Vendor) on solutions.
- Support management in the implementation, maintenance, updates and use of payroll systems.
- Administer/support payroll system projects and programs as directed and maintain documentation of events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Information technology, Accounting or a related area.
- Minimum of four (4) years in an HR system or analytical role, with progressive experience in databases, research and compiling data. Working knowledge and experience in defining and monitoring Human Resource metrics.
- Proficient experience in Workday and other ERP HRIS Systems, preferred.
- Demonstrated technical, research and analytical aptitude, report writing and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and report findings.
- Maintains required on-going training and/or certification for our HR systems.
- Evidence of ability to guide projects, handle multiple concurrent projects prioritize current work.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office 365 Suite, databases, and Human Resource Information Systems. Advanced skills in Excel Macros and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of government compliance for federal and state regulatory requirements. areas, such as, wage and hour requirements, etc., preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Workday Payroll Experience, ADP, MS Visio
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Detroit, MI 48201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location