Weekend Load Planner
Saturday and Sunday 0600-1800 as well as one day during the week (Day is TBD) 06:00-18:00
Position open to remote: Limited
Who We Are:
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
Why U.S. Xpress?
Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site work out facility
What You’ll Do:
To assign freight loads to OTR drivers in the manner that optimizes USX profitability and minimizes empty miles while servicing customer requirements for delivery and pick up times and meeting the needs of drivers.
- Match freight loads with the optimal driver based on review of available loads and available drivers
- Prioritize loads by time schedule, special characteristics such as high value product or hazardous materials, and customer priority. Review list of drivers available to accept each load for proximity to pick up location, available hours under DOT regulations, home time and training requirements, and factors impacting driver retention.
- Review ratio of available loads to available trucks for assigned region, area or customer and report the load balance to management daily.
- Execute shift plans as directed by management.
- Monitor AS400 and XPM system for new loads and monitor status of loads assigned to drivers using the AS400 system.
- Coordinate with Fleet Management to resolve driver issues in route to prevent service failure to the customer.
- Communicate service deviations to Customer Service in a timely manner.
- Communicate freight needs and market changes with Customer Service and the Planning Manager.
- Unassign loads, reassign loads and locate equipment to prevent service failure or minimize service failure impact.
- Find equipment for drivers that break down
- Coordinate with Fleet Management on daily availability and PTAs.
- Respond to inquiry about load assignments and load status from Customer Service.
- Search for missing trailers at customer locations and drop yards using the AS400 system.
- Repowers per SOP
- Bobtail requests per SOP
- Emails per SOP
- Monitor trailer pool requirements and yard checks
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year in Operations including Customer Service, Fleet Management, or Load Planning required.
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service and how they apply to a driver.
- AS-400, XPM and Microsoft Outlook Experience required.
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Work in a deadline driven environment preferred
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Work Environment / Physical Requirements – Normal office settings.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Employees performing this job may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
U.S. Xpress is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.