Description: ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
Advise teams on Signature Volunteer opportunities
- In collaboration with social services team, create signature volunteer roles on program teams.
- Coordinate volunteers and donations for holiday drives for social services clients.
- Survey staff regularly to assess opportunities for volunteers to support the work.
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers and appropriate supervision of volunteers.
- Help teams build and maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer role.
Volunteer & Intern Program coordination
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities for Ayuda.
- Maintain database of volunteers and interns (past and present) at the organization.
- Central person to receive, confirm and file timesheets from volunteers & interns.
- Host and attend recruiting events to attract volunteers and interns.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers and interns, and their supervisors.
- Onboard and offboard volunteers and interns.
- Post intern and volunteer positions widely and send candidates to internship leads on each team.
- Maintain ongoing relationship between former interns, volunteers and the organization and organize touchpoints with internship program alumni and former volunteers.
- Recruit and interview potential volunteers and forward to teams for interviewing and placement.
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Evaluate the volunteer and intern programs to ensure effectiveness and make improvements where appropriate.
- Act as a single point of contact for volunteer communications.
- Maintain database of interested volunteers.
- Develop and manage internship program at Ayuda.
- Onboard and offboard interns.
- Build and maintain Internship position descriptions for each internship role.
- Set up training and educational experience for interns.
- Maintain personnel files of former interns.
. Requirements: HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
Eligibility: Must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position presented in a general office environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing volunteers or leading teams
- Experience building or leading a volunteer program and/or internship program
- Energy, flexibility and great ideas
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Ability to exercise judgment in communications with media, client and volunteer communities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, must be comfortable presenting
- Ability to write clearly and informatively, editing for spelling and grammar, varying writing style to meet needs
- Customer service orientation
- Professionalism with both internal and external customers
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience, and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We believe that a diversity of experiences, opinions, and backgrounds is integral to achieving our mission and vision. We celebrate diversity and seek to leverage the passion, energy, and ideas of a culturally diverse team.
Job Type: Full-time