- Apply lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lubricate wheel bearings to prevent excessive tire wear.
- Perform engine cleaning to prevent rust formation.
- Replace cabin, fuel, air and oil filters as required.
- Perform tire rotations to ensure even tire wear.
- Test tire pressure and add air as needed.
- Inspect fleet vehicles for oil leaks.
- Inspect fleet vehicles for additional service issues
- Assist with mechanic as needed.
- Ensure all shop equipment is maintained and in good operating condition.
- Keep shop clean and organized.
- Keep mechanic updated on repairs and maintenance.
- Attend meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the maintenance department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- Basic technical knowledge acquired through education or work experience.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Minnesota Commercial Driver’s License with passenger, school bus and air brake endorsements. Must maintain once acquired
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- Able to perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks.
- Able to adhere to all safety practices.
Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- Be reliable and capable of following work directions.
- Basic diagnostic skills to identify service requirements.
- Be attentive to detail.
- Display tact and courtesy, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Able to communicate with diverse groups.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
- Usually work indoors. May occasionally repair buses on the road.
- Sometimes work with hazardous equipment, tools, situations, and conditions.
- Wear a company issued uniform.
- Work inside various types of buses. Often test drive them before, during, and after repairs.
- Wear protective / safety gear as required.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- $17.50 per hour
- DOT Phy
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals