Job descriptionOverview: Hiring Immediately! Transdev Services, Inc., is seeking a Utility Worker at its Herndon, VA facility.
The Utility Worker will handle basic shop duties. They will also perform detail cleaning and fueling of equipment with limited supervision. Additionally, they will be asked to complete basic forms and fare box duties (i.e., diagnostic, repair, installation).
Why Work with Us?
- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Starting salary $16.15/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team!
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department and Technicians (e.g., vehicle washing, vehicle fueling, vehicle seat repair, fluid checks, etc.) in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform such cleaning duties as sweeping, mopping of floors, and vacuuming of seats and upholstery using appropriate cleaning equipment.
- Clean windows, mirrors, and interior glass.
- Empty trash from vehicles.
- Report damage, malfunctions and other irregularities of the vehicle to Utility Supervisor.
- Turn in lost and found articles, putting them in the lost and found cabinet and recording on the sheet each item found.
- Follow company policy and OSHA safety regulations.
- Position and stage vehicles in the parking lot.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and work area at the end of each shift.
- Keeps workers storage and work areas clean at all times.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining service and repair of cash revenue fare boxes for vehicles at the facility.
- Responsible for moving or positioning a variety of equipment.
- Will perform basic troubleshooting of farebox system.
- Other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the facility.
We are looking for employees who are looking for career advancement, such as becoming a mechanic technician, etc.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be well-organized.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess a CDL with passenger endorsement and airbrakes or be able to obtain a CDL.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or immediate supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Ability to work on a team.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- 90% of work is accomplished outside in varying temperature, weather, and humidity conditions; most work is performed alone and in remote locations.
- Frequently stands and walks; ability to sit for up to three hours; walk for long distances and on possible sloped ground or slippery and uneven surfaces; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; ability to lift or handle material weighing up to 50 to 75 lbs. without assistance; ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch; and corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and noise.
- Exposure to cleaning solutions, oils, and other liquids.
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support missions.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.