Job Summary:**$8,000 Sign-On Bonus (New MGH Hires)**
Come join an incredible team! MaineGeneral Health has an exciting new opening for an Ultrasound Technologist to join our Ultrasound Team at Thayer Center for Health in Waterville & the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta. This is an excellent opportunity to join both a talented and dedicated team to provide excellent care within a state of the art facility. If you want to join a team of high performing, experienced and skilled staff, we want to hear from you!
This is a 32 hr a week day and evening shift position that includes holiday and call rotation.
- Generous shift differentials for evenings, weekends and holidays.
- All MaineGeneral Health facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art medical imaging technologies and run fully DR.
- Robust Employee Wellness Program
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
Registered as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography(ARDMS) OR Maine State licensure as Radiologic Technologic and Registered as a Technologist (RT) and certified in sonography (S) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists preferred within 12 months of hire, required within 24 months of hire.
Proficient in general, interventional, small parts, and venous ultrasound modalities
- Performs quality sonographic examinations utilizing state of the art equipment, within the time constraints of the daily schedule.
- Exercises independent and professional judgment to produce quality studies
- Abides by the policies and procedures set forth by the department
- Recognizes the patients’ condition, age limitations and abilities, and acts accordingly to provide quality care
- Float to both the ACH and TCH Ultrasound sites
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Scheduled Work Shift:
Supporting all aspects of our employees’ wellness – physical, emotional and financial – is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
- We offer quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
- Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
- A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees - We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
- An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
- Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
- We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
- Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
- We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource – they’re how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 .