At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Trauma Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Trauma Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for coordination of activities relating to NMH as a Level I Trauma Center. This role is responsible for supporting, contributing to and facilitating educational and administrative forums for evaluating trauma care.
- Demonstrates expertise in clinical nursing.
- Identifies quality issues and integrates quality improvement activities into program plan.
- Develops, maintains and reports on statistical database to meet state requirements as a Level I trauma center.
- Establishes relationships across departments to optimize trauma care.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary forums for improving, evaluating and discussing trauma care at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and participates in informal and formal education.
- Assures compliance with regulatory bodies at the local, state and national level.
- Registered Nurse State of Illinois or eligible in the State of Illinois.
- TNS or TNCC.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Three years of experience in area of clinical specialty.
- Master's degree.
- Five or more years experience in area of clinical specialty.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.