Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
KR Contracting, Inc is accepting applications for qualified Transportation Security Officers (TSO). Contingent upon contract award, qualified candidates will provide aviation security services for the Sanford International Airport in Sanford, Florida.
*Total Hourly Compensation: $21.73 minimum including hourly wage, benefits, and retirement options.
*After completing required training you will receive a compensation increase of $1.30 per hour.
The Transportation Security Officer (TSO) TSA Screener performs a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports, and aircraft.
- Passenger screening
- Perform security screening of property, including the operation of x-ray machines to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers
- Hand Wand (requires reaching the wand from the floor to overhead)
- Control entry and exit points
- Provide the traveling public with the highest levels of security, customer service, and professionalism, while upholding the TSA Mission
- Proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
- Applicants must pass TSA/TSO CBT aptitude assessment to be considered for this position
- Repeatedly lift and carry baggage weighing up to 50 pounds
- Bend, reach, stoop, squat and walk
- Continuously stand between one and four hours without a break to carry out screening functions
- Must meet job-related medical standards that will be assessed in a pre-employment medical evaluation. These standards include but are not limited to visual ability, hearing ability, adequate joint mobility, dexterity, and range of motion, that considers relevant aspects of all body systems
- TSA will be required to Dual Function cross-over training. TSOs must participate in and pass all recurrent and specialized training and recertification tests on a periodic basis
- TSOs must pass a pre-employment drug screening test
- TSOs must pass background investigation, including a criminal check and a credit check. This is a non-critical sensitive National Security position that requires you to be fingerprinted, photographed, and complete appropriate security paperwork, including a SF-86 Questionnaire for National Security Positions.
- The pre-employment background investigation must be COMPLETED with favorable results prior to a final offer of employment and cannot be initiated until submission of a completed questionnaire
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service or Security: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location