Job SummaryLeads the daily activities, driver schedules, workload balancing, route management, adherence to delivery schedules, fleet preventative maintenance schedules, and rentals of vehicles during vehicle downtime. Assists in the development of more efficient and streamlined transportation practices for organization, supporting the system efforts to provide quality patient care and patient satisfaction.
- Leads and evaluates all transportation systems. Work with end-users to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Leads effort to ensure total adherence to all Federal and State statutes regarding operation including Joint Commission, DOH, Board of Pharmacy, DOT, FDA and OSHA regulations. Responds as needed.
- Ensures new employee orientation and training is completed for all departments assigned. Participates in the development, implementation and annual review of all departmental policies and procedures.
- Create, implement, and revise specific schedules and operational tasks to maximize efficiency while minimizing waste.
- Inspect all fleet vehicles on a weekly basis to ensure high standards of cleanliness, safety and security are maintained. Establish and maintains standards of maintenance and preventative maintenance for all responsible vehicles.
- Leads compliance effort of all safety regulations relative to DOT regulations. Maintain driver’s records, schedule DOT physicals, and renewal appointments.
- Respond to, and investigate accidents involving fleet vehicles driven by employees, submit the proper paperwork to Corporate Insurance.
- Participates in employee relations activities and actively participates in resolving employee problems. Facilitates appropriate recognition of staff performance to maintain a positive work environment.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of disaster/contingency plans.
Work is typically performed in a vehicle. Requires the ability multitask and to lift at least 70 pounds. Requires sitting and driving a vehicle for an extended period. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits all starting day one of employment! This includes medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. We also offer up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement and 5% contribution to your retirement plan.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.