We are looking for a qualified and innovative, year-round Toddler Teacher to nurture and guide small children with exploratory education at Rivers Learning Center. You will creatively plan activities supporting emotional, social, intellectual, and physical child development. In this position, qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and engaging children with multiple learning styles.
We expect for our teachers to show compassion, responsibility, and tenderness towards our students, families, and staff. Rivers Learning Center. We use a Christian, bible-based curriculum to support our mission of equipping the next generation for their divine destinies. Therefore, we expect our teachers to teach and be knowledgeable of these particular standards.
For our vision is that every child should be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, bearing much fruit in his or her season; his or her leaf shall not wither; and whatsoever he or she does will prosper, according to Psalm 1:3.
We thank you in advance for considering the possibilities of joining our growing team!
As a Rivers Learning Center member of our staff, you will:
- Establish a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Maintain positive relationships with families, teachers, and state licensing authorities.
- Teach in a way that is enthusiastic, patient and consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Track children's progress and reports to parents.
- Establish a clean, organized and exploratory classroom consistent with healthy and safety standards.
- Contribute witty and original ideas.
- Adapt to changes within a classroom environment
- Classroom Management.
- Change diapers and/or assist with potty training.
- Cleaning and sanitizing classrooms.
- Social media savvy.
As a Rivers Learning Center member of our staff, you must have:
- High School Diploma or working towards High School Diploma
- CPR/First Aid Certified or Willingness to be CPR-First Aid Certified
- Cleared background and fingerprint check
- Complete Tuberculosis Test
- Flexible availability
- Reliable Transportation
Nice To Haves
Rivers Learning Centers Nice To Have are the following:
- Early Childhood Experience
- Speak a secondary language
- Willingness to learn the child care industry
- Administrative Experience
When joining the Rivers Learning Center Team, you will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus opportunities
- Monthly incentives
- Opportunity to be apart of the Rivers Learning Center paid Mentor Programming
- Paid Training Opportunities
Rivers Learning Center (RLC) is a licensed family day care provider. The children at RLC are constantly being exposed to new activities and environments in which to thrive. The basics aren't only taught here, but also an in-depth curriculum that enriches children's learning experience based upon the Virginia's Foundation Blocks of Learning. By exploring the world around them, our students will be prepared for Kindergarten. We build on the strengths and interests of each child to help build a solid foundation where they can develop their futures.
As a RLC Team member you'll gain knowledge of the child care industry, enhance your skills, and receive incentives that will help you reach your personal goals, dreams and aspirations. We believe in the RLC family, your success is our success!