At Blue, we discover pathways to realize your possibilities. Our Teller position greets and acknowledges members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner. This position also focuses on:
- Promptly, accurately and efficiently process member financial transactions including but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, wire transfers, official checks, money orders, other negotiable instruments and necessary general ledger postings according to policies, procedures, and standards. Accurately complete Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) when needed. Ensure proper identification is presented for appropriate transactions. Maintain a high degree of member confidentiality.
- Performs account maintenance to include but not limited to address changes, phone numbers, travel advisories, diary memos, and email address. Responds to member inquiries and requests of account information such as loan payoffs, balances, check orders, maturity dates, payment history, late fees, rates, etc. according to policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure proper identification is presented for appropriate inquiries and requests.
- Assists with branch teller duties to include but not limited to ATM and night drop transactions, verifying cash/coin shipments, balancing cash machine and vaults, and performing opening and closing procedures adhering to security procedures and internal controls. Scans/emails any necessary documents to appropriate departments.
- Maintains, balances and verifies cash drawer denominations and totals throughout shift and at end of shift. Researches and tries to resolve discrepancies. Reports any discrepancy to the manager or appointed staff member on duty. Completes required teller reports and end of shift work.
- Completes all required quarterly/annual product knowledge exams and mandatory trainings. Participates in all Wednesday trainings/meetings and sales & service development activities
- Provides assistance to the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager on an as needed basis filling in at the branch where needed or at other branches for peak coverage, shortages, or vacations.
- Listens and responds to members' situations or complaints utilizing credit union service skills; offers solutions and if unable to resolve guides members to the appropriate staff or management for assistance.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Credit Union products and services in order to deepen member relationships. Identifies and recommends products/services best suited for potential and existing members and refers to appropriate staff.
Part Time Position
Compensation Range: $15.60 - $19.50
Check out this short video for a glimpse at the culture we strive for here at Blue: Working at Blue!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.60 - $19.50 per hour