Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is currently seeking a Telecommunications Specialist / Telecommunications Watch Officer to support a customer facility in the Arlington, VA area. Work is performed on a 12-hour shift, scheduled on a rotational basis among communications support team members including nights, weekends and holidays in support of 24/7/365 operations. This is a contingent position which requires the ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance with special access prior to starting employment.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Work as the Communications Watch Officer in the high-tempo environment of a National Operations Center responsible for availability and performance of operational mission capabilities under varying conditions including a variety of voice, video, data systems, networks and information feeds.
- Apply knowledge, training and expertise to determine appropriate course of action and best solution set to implement under varying situational events; brief customer on operational status.
- Monitor and analyze indications and warnings, operational status and other conditional factors; assess impact of changing conditions; task external teams and direct their efforts; reallocate resources and personnel as best determined to meet mission objectives; coordinate actions with other stakeholders.
- Make tactical decisions and take decisive action in a fast-paced dynamic environment to ensure mission objectives are met.
- Manage dynamic taskings and prioritize workload to meet customer expectations and demand level under changing situational conditions.
- Review and interpret changes to policy doctrine and directives to determine impact to mission operations and established processes; develop, update and maintain procedures and guidelines resulting from policy changes or new and emerging technology insertion; make recommendations; inform customer of best practices.
- Identify process improvements, efficiency gains and innovative approaches to operations and service delivery to increase customer value.
- Determine need for, coordinate and direct system repair and restoration efforts.
- Work with customer to determine operational requirements for future system capabilities; design, plan and test new systems to meet customer needs; ensure new systems are properly installed and brought on-line for operational use; coordinate and manage installation team efforts to ensure schedules are met and activities are not disruptive to ongoing operations. Ensure proper configuration and change management control are applied and system documentation is current.
- Work is performed on a 12-hour shift, scheduled on a rotational basis among communications support team members including nights, weekends and holidays in support of 24/7/365 operations. Members must be reachable on standby status in situations where scheduled members are not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location in support of customer requirements.
- Successful candidate will receive highly specialized training on unique job responsibilities.
#cjcyberHere’s What You’ll Need:
- US Citizenship Required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance with special accesses
- Two (2) years of college in a related technical discipline plus three (3) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience for a total of five (5) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement
- Experience as a Network and /or Systems Administrator
- Current Secret or Top Secret (TS) clearance granted by DoD preferred
- TS clearance granted by another Federal agency acceptable
- SCI eligibility determination
- Two (2) years of college in a related technical discipline plus five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience for a total of five (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement
- CompTIA IT Certifications (A+, Net+, Security+, etc.) strongly desired
- Understanding of the mid-range computer hardware and software features
- Experience with PC maintenance
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing Systems operation
- Switching systems
- Experience with radio systems equipment operation and maintenance
- Experience with inside plant cabling