A Team Member greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position. All employees receive training in the areas of sandwich preparation, food preparation, baking, food safety, packaging, general store cleanliness, and customer service. A Team Member is an employee who has mastered the skills necessary to create a “picture perfect” sandwich each and every time. Team Members are not limited to one area of responsibility or expertise; they are a “Jack of All Trades.” This job site is on base, so will need to be able to pass background check for access permit.
Compensation: $14.39/hour + $1.36/hour Fringe Benefit
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks and responsibilities listed are not the only ones applicable to the position.
- Prepares food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to guests accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cleans as directed.
- Greets guests and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Treats co-workers with respect and dignity.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway Operations Manual.
- Becomes familiar with and comply with all company policies as outlined in the Subway of Alaska Employee Handbook.
- Accounts for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway of Alaska Employee Handbook.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager
Some high school or equivalent.
Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally, while being able to lift 31-50 pounds now and then.
About SubwaySUBWAY® brand is the world's largest submarine sandwich chain with more than 40,000 locations around the world. We are locally owned and operated with (22) restaurants in Anchorage, Eagle River & Girdwood. Our Mission:
- To consistently deliver world class service, excellent value in clean and pleasant surroundings to our guests.
- To create the highest quality products with the freshest ingredients available in the quick service industry. We are guided by our passion for delighting customers by serving fresh, delicious, products made-to-order right in front of you.
- To provide the opportunity for superior job satisfaction and financial reward in a fun and exciting environment, by offering career advancement through consistent growth.
Pay: $14.39 / hour
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Employee discount
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
Job types: Full-time, Part-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Education: No education required
Work location: On-site