TEACHER I *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus*
$500 EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS
JOB CATEGORY: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION / EARLY HEAD START
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves in a classroom to provide an appropriate social and emotional environment in order to expand the child's ability to learn and grow. Provides daily supervision and evaluation of classroom staff. Works in a classroom-based setting with typically and atypically developing children. Position may be reassigned to various classrooms/centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE – EARLY HEAD START TEACHER I:
- High School Diploma / GED and a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, New Mexico Child Development Certificate (CDC), or equivalent; OR
- High School Diploma / GED and a one year certificate in Early Childhood Education upon hire; OR
- AA/AAS degree with 29 credits in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching infants/toddlers; OR
- BA/BS degree with 45 credits in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching infants/toddlers; OR
- AA/AAS, BA/BS or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Multicultural Education, Child Development.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to renew the Child Development Associate (CDA) before the expiration date, as appropriate.
- Previous experience working in early childhood with children ages birth through three years preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish or Navajo preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
- Health exam (and annually thereafter in accordance with PMS Policies).
- TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS Policies).
In accordance with the federal Head Start Act, Section 648A(g) and the New Mexico Administrative Code 8.8.3., this position requires:
- Criminal Background Checks.
- All bonuses subject to tax withholding and eligibility requirements.
- Current employees are eligible for pre-approved sign-on bonuses in the following circumstances:
- Job title changes
- Same job title, transfer to different Region
- FTE Increases – receives difference between what they previously received (as a lower FTE and still under term of payback agreement) and the current bonus