Salary: $2401.99 - $2583.30 semi-monthly
Job Location: This position is with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Division of State Parks located at St. Joe State Park, 2800 Pimville Road, Park Hills, Missouri. Shifts may vary with the time of year and in order to meet the needs of the facility. Must also work varying shifts depending on holidays, emergencies, and special events. State owned housing is available.
Why you’ll love this position:
We are looking for people to join our team who enjoy working with a dedicated group of professionals and want to care for Missouri State Parks. We work hard together to ensure generations of visitors have an excellent experience in Missouri’s outstanding cultural and natural resources. St. Joe State Park is a large and busy park that offers every form of recreation provided by Missouri State Parks in a single facility. This position will also be responsible for overseeing a management unit including Missouri Mines State Historic Site.
What you’ll do:
- Position duties serve as the senior level manager to manage all aspects of St. Joe State Park and Missouri Mines State Historic Site.
- Oversee the visitor service operation at the park that includes two campgrounds, day use areas and ORV riding area.
- Supervise, train, guide and lead the staff at the park.
- Ensure the buildings and grounds are properly maintained and operational.
- Steward the cultural and natural resources at the park ensuring that they are preserved and protected
- Oversee the administrative operation of the park which includes revenues, accounts payable, budget management and monthly reporting
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with all applicable laws, policies and procedures and permits.
All you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university can include: Park Management, Parks and Recreation, Wildlife Management, Forestry, Botany, Biology, Natural Sciences, Business of Public Administration or related field AND 5 or more years of management, supervision and participation in interpretation, preservation, protection, maintenance and enhancement of state parks and historic sites (Substitutions for additional education or experience may be allowed)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience/Special Job Requirements
- Ability to operate a vehicle and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license
- Available to work nights, weekends, holidays, evenings, and split shifts. Must work two weekends a month from April 1 to October 31 and every third weekend from November 1 to March 31.
- Available to participate in meetings, workshops and seminars requiring overnight stays
- Must be able to walk long distances on uneven terrain in all kinds of weather and environmental conditions and have the ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found here.
If you have questions about this position please contact:
Aarick Roberto (DNR Recruiter), (573) 522-1503 or [email protected]
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.