Job descriptionÂ : At UL, we know why we come to work.: We have an exciting opportunity for a high performing Strategy Development Lead to join our dynamic growing organization. You will be responsible for leading, supporting, and driving strategy development initiatives and organization-wide strategy projects to broaden and deepen the organization’s impact in building world-class safety science research and standards development capabilities.
At Underwriters Laboratories, we wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. Underwriters Laboratories stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely! What youâll learn & achieve:: As a Strategy Development Lead you will report to the Vice President of Strategy and further enable this vision as you:
- Work with the VP of Strategy and senior leaders across the organization to drive strategy development initiatives including strategic analyses, content creation, program design, program management, stakeholder management, meeting facilitation, and presentations.
- Identify, design, and lead or support organization-wide strategy projects including identifying and recommending approaches, resources, and tools to increase the effectiveness and impact of the organization.
- Conduct environmental scans and identify, analyze, and plan for emerging opportunities and disruptive trends that shape the organization’s focus and future.
- Partner with subject matter experts to bring industry trends and best practices and identify and recommend opportunities to align group strategies (e.g., UL Research and UL Standards and Engagement) with the vision and mission of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Communications team and others to identify, develop, and implement strategic communications to reflect organizational strategy, and engage leaders, employees, and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other functions and leaders to identify, monitor, and report on key performance indicators to support successful execution of strategic plans.
- Support VP of Strategy in planning and preparation for executive leadership and Board meetings.
- Contribute to additional special assignments and other projects.
- Deep expertise in quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including use of relevant tools, to identify, analyze, and address complex questions related to the mission, vision, and strategy of the organization.
- Positive and collaborative interpersonal skills to work effectively with leaders and colleagues across the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills to convey complex concepts and ideas in a simplified manner to audiences at levels, including senior executives and the Board.
- Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once, maintain status updates, and follow well-defined processes to meet deadlines and other requirements.
- Problem-solving skills and judgement to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Process and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to recognize and adapt to the preferences and communication styles of stakeholders of diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Creativity and curiosity to learn new ideas and ways of working, with motivation and initiative to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Engineering, Science, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Work experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, preferably in a strategy consulting firm.
- Experience working for or with a nonprofit or scientific research organization is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office and advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mission: For Underwriters Laboratories, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 127 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any Underwriters Laboratories employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at Underwriters Laboratories. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at Underwriters Laboratories are eligible for bonus compensation. Underwriters Laboratories offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that Underwriters Laboratories contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.org
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Cleveland, OH 44113 Today