Hello Betty Bethesda just dropped anchor at Pike and Rose this spring and is hiring stewards join our team at the new surf and skate-inspired restaurant! $500 Sign-on bonus for new hires!
At Hello Betty’s outpost, iconic Maryland dishes and ingredients, like mumbo sauce and blue crab, land on the menu. A smoky fire-roasted bucket of blue crabs tossed in Old Bay vinegar draws inspiration from both crab boils and beach barbecues, while the fish and chips and the peel and eat shrimp carry over from the Oceanside location. The kitchen will also dish “tinned seafood,” popular in Spain and made in-house.
At Sage Restaurant Concepts, we impact lives through hospitality. Our vision is to be a restaurant company with a soul. We consistently craft exceptional experiences that forge a bond with guests, enrich our community, and empower our people.
Under general supervision, provides the restaurant and kitchen with clean and sanitary ware.
- Gathers all dirty dishware from tubs brought to the dish room, rinses and stacks in dishracks, always clearing dishes of leftovers and trash in order to prepare for automated washing.
- Loads full dishracks on belt and ensures correct placement in accordance to the instructions for the operation of the machine. Operates automatic dish washing machine by using controls as instructed.
- Loads dishwashing solutions into automatic dispensers and regulates the output of detergents and chemicals to the dishwashing machine by monitoring and adjusting controls.
- Unloads clean dishes from racks after being processed through dish machine, inspects for cleanliness and carefully stacks in specified carts and shelves for the easy use by restaurant and kitchen staff.
- Manually scrubs pots, pans and other kitchen equipment that cannot be washed automatically, using detergents, scourers, and special solutions as required. Inspects for cleanliness, manually dries with hand towels, and puts away in correct places.
- Manually polishes all silver, stainless steel and pewter used in food service, using standard polishing cloth and products, in order to present clean and attractive equipment to diners.
- Maintains the automatic dishwashing equipment in good condition and working order in accordance with manufacturers' instructions in order to prolong the life of the equipment, prevent breakdowns and to meet mandated health compliance regulations.
- Keeps the dish room in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves in order to maintain a sanitary work station and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
- Mops kitchen floors as requested and at end of each shift, cleans all kitchen work surfaces as regularly scheduled by manager including walls, ceilings, hoods, vents and ovens.
- Gathers all trash cans from kitchen work areas at end of each shift and empties into outside trash compactor.
- Sweeps loading dock and kitchen entrance areas, clearing litter and debris to trash bins, for the safety of employees and purveyors.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Must have basic knowledge of dishwashing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see minute objects at arm’s length, to read meters and controls.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crouching, crawling, reach and retrieve items from above head.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs. to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to travel up to 300 feet and standing on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and able to communicate.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at one time and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations
- Must have the ability to keep breakage to a minimum by handling china, glassware and fragile equipment with care.
Prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift in 95% indoor environment. Going in the freezer temperatures can be -10 degrees.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Bethesda, MD 20852: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location