Employment Type: Contractor 3 months to W2 employee
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you’re going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre’s APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute on their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we’ve built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow project to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We’re looking for a smart and efficient Staff Accountant to join our back-office team. You will work closely with our VP of Finance to book Journal Entries, AR and AP entries, and help with daily reconciliation and Financial Statement Analysis. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
We’re excited to have you join us on this adventure.
This role reports to the VP of Finance.
- General Ledger / Assist with month-end close process, which includes:
- Preparation of journal entries, accruals
- Month-end account reconciliations
- Bank and credit card account reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable:
- Create invoices using QuickBooks
- Review the AR aging to ensure that there are no long-outstanding invoices
- Follow up with customers for payment
- Accounts Payable:
- Work concurrently with our Financial Controller to manage Bill.com
- Process AP payments including checks, ACH and wires
- Review employee expense reports for proper classification and payment
- Audit and statutory support:
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit
- Prepare excise and property tax filings
- Reporting and account analysis:
- Assist with balance sheet and P&L flux analyses
- Assist in the preparation of month end financial package
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Responsible for month-end close accruals and reconciliations
- Handle check runs, 1099’s and special projects as required
- Ad hoc reconciliations on a daily basis and when needed
- Reconcile vendor statements and respond to vendor inquiries on a timely basis
- Prepare various reports on behalf of clients
- Interest in crypto/blockchain and/or payments
- 2+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Understanding of all aspects of a payment transaction, from payment acceptance, reconciliation, dispute resolution, and payouts
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Low ego with impeccable professional references
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, & Google Platforms
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team and suggest improvements to various processes
- Personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and functions
Perks & Benefits
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure. Wyre’s API provides on-ramps and off-ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry. Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Tax preparation
- Expense reports
- Cost reduction proposals
- Internal audits for policy adherence
- Internal audits for tax codes
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Work Location: Remote