- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience engaging with law enforcement personnel
Amazon is searching for a smart and motivated individual to serve as a senior specialist on its Law Enforcement Response (LER) team. The LER team consists of a dedicated group of specialists who are responsible for responding to law enforcement requests (e.g., subpoenas, search warrants) received from government agencies globally. Amazon is seeking a talented individual who can contribute to this critical function as the company continues to grow around the world.
Each LER specialist’s principal duty is to make sure that requests are processed professionally and expeditiously, all while ensuring the privacy and security of business and customer information in accordance with the law and with Amazon’s policies and procedures. This requires great judgment and experience dealing with challenging and ambiguous situations. Because the LER team is global in scope, LER specialists must be able to interface effectively with Amazon employees and law enforcement personnel located in other countries.
Candidates must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work independently and at times with little supervision.
Key job responsibilities
- Evaluate and respond to law enforcement requests in a manner consistent with the privacy and security of business and customer information, in accordance with the law and with Amazon’s policies and procedures
- Ability to periodically (on a set rotation) receive and process emergency law enforcement requests both during and outside of normal business hours, and sometimes overnight
- Utilize a combination of web-based applications and data extraction tools to compile information potentially responsive to a particular law enforcement request
- Communicate verbally and in writing with law enforcement personnel, Amazon employees, outside counsel, and others
- Assist in the identification of patterns and trends that might be evident from the processing of certain law enforcement requests
- Handle the most complex and challenging law enforcement requests, as well as special projects
- Help lead the training and development of other LER specialists
- Prior experience with making and/or responding to law enforcement requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and judgment
- Ability to work and to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with high-volume workflows
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients and customers
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
- Prior experience in managing/leading team(s)
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Professional Suite, including Excel
- Written and/or verbal proficiency in one or more of the following languages: German, French, Italian, and/or Spanish
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Arpeoh Sevierville, TN 37876 $50,000 - $120,000 a year 3 days ago