Piper Companies is actively seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join a financial service corporation in Durham, North Carolina. This is a contract role. The Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for creating, developing, and sustaining test automation and in-house software utilities.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Responsible for designing and developing automated tests and software tools.
- Responsible for improving sustainability of automation platforms.
- Responsible for conducting peer code reviews and mentorship of junior associates.
- Responsible for using your knowledge to architect the best software design as well as promote accurate software engineering and bug prevention strategies.
Qualifications of the Software Engineer in Test:
- 4 or more years of experience with software development or hand-coded test automation development.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Selenium, and Cucumber.
- Heavy Java scripting experience.
- Agile/ Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience performing technical and functional analysis.
Compensation for the Software Engineer in Test:
- Salary: $54-58/hr
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, PTO
Keywords: Software engineer, software engineer in test, testing, java, selenium, agile, scrum, integration, automation, test data ecosystems, Junit, TestRunner, Cucumber, test automation, durham, design, prototypes, contract