Wherever drivers go, we're leading the way. Agero's mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients' relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we're pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
About the Role
Designs, develops, and maintains logical designs of mission critical enterprise application systems and services that leverages Restful services and serverless architecture. Ensures that application and services designs align with our strategic technology direction and mission of helping stranded motorists digitally connect to our platform. Recommends strategies for improving system applications and services with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, availability and performance. These include:
- Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing risk and alternatives as appropriate and implementing pragmatic roadmaps that lead to durable solutions
- Evaluating and interpreting requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate capabilities·
- Performing code reviews, identifying potential issues to reduce technical debt and providing coding best practice recommendations
- Taking ownership of tasks and delivering with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary
- Inspire and mentor your engineering colleagues – especially junior engineers in your charge
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team, systems, and organization around you.
- Deliver products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
- Contribute to developing a strong culture of quality, availability, and security through attention to detail and by supporting industry leading best practices
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with product owners, architects, operations, client services, and cross-functional teams to move fast on creating solutions to client and business problems and as well as be able to identify and act on new opportunities
- BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building large, complex systems, particularly web services, RESTful APIs, and continuous integration and delivery.
- 5-8 years software application development and design experience
- C#/Java Experience
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Prior experience collaborating with Product Managers and Owners.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes, experience with one or more of PostGres SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- Experience with microservice and serverless architectures
- Experience with React.js and/or Angular.js
United States: AZ, CA, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, TX, VA or WA.
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area