Job descriptionThe Sr. Systems Administrator will be part of a team that supports the Hulu division of The Walt Disney Company. Hulu is one of 4 premium streaming platforms that captivates and connects viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity, and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
A day in the life of a Sys Admin would include a variety of dynamic responsibilities such as:
- Support the installation, upgrade, maintenance, or provisioning of enterprise applications. This includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing application patches, and conducting application migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolves complex technical problems which include applications, databases, and server problems. Collaborate and work with technical staff to identify and resolve critical system issues to minimize impact to business operations.
- Evaluate the performance and reliability of the applications by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time using third-party tools.
- Interface with the software vendors for any application bug resolution or application maintenance issues.
- Plan, create, and maintain the appropriate documentation, inventory assessments, and procedures related to administration of the applications, system, and network (connectivity) architecture, and system and database backup policies.
- Communicates positively and effectively with customers, coworkers, and stakeholders to understand administrative needs and resolve support issues.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- Understand a variety of different business needs and processes used by Disney Streaming and recommend automation of business processes where appropriate.
- Lead/manage all capabilities of the Atlassian ecosystem system (including add-ons, plug-ins, screens, workflows, schemas, troubleshooting, fields, permissions, and notifications)
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, upgrades, enhancements to JIRA, Confluence, and integrations with other major systems, tools, and plugins
- Resolve performance connectivity and related problems on Atlassian Stack
- Implement cross-functional department processes utilizing Jira standard and custom workflows engines, automation scripts and data-driven reporting tools
- Build new Jira projects, and author workflows based on user requirements
- Manage the confluence environment and create spaces, pages, page templates as necessary
- Manage user permissions for tools according to functional areas, production processes, projects teams
- You will ensure system availability of all Atlassian tools based on defined SLAs
- Supports other specific applications that include but are not limited to: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Airtable, Tableau, Smartsheet, Clarizen, WalkMe, etc.
- You will handle service ticket queue to ensure timely resolution for end user issues
- Support for s/w deployment and maintenance projects.
- Coordinate requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment for in-house projects as well as those outsourced to a consulting partner.
- Design and implement processes to ensure data integrity and standardization.
- Build, develop and maintain custom integrations (out-of-box and custom scripts) with 3rd party applications via SOAP and REST APIs
- Configure, build, develop and deploy required fixes and enhancements on Salesforce and/or ServiceNow platform
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience related to the administration and support of large-scale applications, databases, and servers, IT systems
- Familiarity with procedures involved in the technical administration of software applications which includes the installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting, documentation, and coordination.
- Experience supporting and maintaining enterprise-level applications.
- Ability to work on multiple, time-critical projects simultaneously
- You're a problem-solver and can use sound analytical skills in troubleshooting application issues and problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Proficient in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Experience administering JIRA, Confluence, Crowd, and comparable technology
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work after hours to support projects and maintenance activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field i.e. data science.
- Experience with JIRA Administration, Jira Service Desk, and Bitbucket.
Additional Information :
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
State of North Carolina Union County, NC $37,662 a year 15 days ago
Ascension Nashville, TN 37205 1 day ago
UC Irvine Health Orange, CA 92868 4 days ago