Job descriptionWhat to Expect We are currently seeking to fill the position of Security Officer within our Austin, TX team. The ideal candidate has a bias for action and consistently demonstrates excellence. They will be, trustworthy, professional, adaptable to change, have strong situational awareness and be customer service oriented. Candidates must have a problem-solving mindset and exercise attention to detail in the performance of their duties. This position may include work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You’ll Do
- Provide customer service to executive staff, personnel, guests, and contractors.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and meet uniform and grooming standards.
- Provide support to executive staff for special events, and meetings.
- Responsible for the access control of assigned location.
- Executes company procedures to ensure the physical protection of personnel, and property, while meeting required codes and regulations.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with management, employees and guests.
- Assists with the operation of security systems: CCTV, access control, and incident reporting.
- Maintains recordkeeping system for security related activities: incidents, events, and drills.
- Responsible for the emergency response to medical, fire or other emergency incidents onsite.
- Remains keenly alert at all times, alerting all employees and others to possible threats or situations requiring immediate attention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- 3 + years of experience in a guard or security officer position.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbal and written, in English.
- Ability to obtain and maintain state-specific guard card or other licensing requirements.
- Current First Aid/AED/CPR certification.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for eight-hour shifts and handle occasional mandatory overtime.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to operate assigned fleet.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit Detroit, MI 48202 Today
Northwest Missouri State University Kansas City, MO Today