- Sign on bonus available up to $1,000
- Will work at 1000 mineral Point Avenue location, Varied shifts, 80 Hrs/2 wks
- Evening/weekend/holiday/on call rotation required
- Professional certification and career opportunities available
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
- Takes initiative to greet all patients, visitors, and Mercyhealth partners in a timely, professional, and courteous manner projecting an open and friendly attitude on a daily basis.
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the buildings, grounds, and parking lots of Mercyhealth to detect any irregularities. Inspects doors, windows and locks to ensure a high level of security.
- Respond to all dispatch/ security service calls and overhead emergency code calls
- Checks grounds and areas for cleanliness and safety
- Perform parking lot patrols and enforce Mercyhealth parking policy
- Notifies management/maintenance staff concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment. through initiating a work order into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist with completion of second and third shift fire drills as requested
- Assists local jurisdictions with necessary interactions
- Write clear and accurate daily reports of shift activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Provides initial investigation of incidents of unusual circumstances reported by Mercyhealth personnel, visitors, physicians, or patients.
- Monitors the Mercyhealth environment using electronic security equipment (CCTV, Alarms, etc.) as applicable
- Is required to assure and/or request partners and contractors to display Mercyhealth badges or required proof of identity.
- Duties pertinent to site specific requirements will be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Healthcare security experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with police, security services, military background or have completed 30 credit hours toward obtaining a degree in related field.
Certification and Licensure
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Have and maintain an acceptable driving record per Mercyhealth’s HR-01 Fleet Safety Policy
- Able to obtain TACT certification within two months of hire
- Successful completion of International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Security officer certification within 180 days of obtaining position
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/move over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, distinguish color and ability to adjust focus.
Security, Security Officer, Officer, Unarmed Security, Unarmed Security Guard, Security Guard
Location: Rock/Walworth/McHenry · WI SECURITY
Schedule: Active Full Time Hourly (80 ppp) FTE 1.0, Varied, 6a-2p, 2p-10p, 10p-6a