Fitzgerald Landscaping www.fitzgeraldlandscaping.com
We have specialized in year round landscape design, implementation and maintenance in the Roaring Fork Valley since 2000. We pride ourselves in being knowledgeable in plants that thrive at higher elevations and aim to carry out all of our work in the most environmentally friendly way as possible. Good landscaping techniques and maintenance practices will keep a resource-wise garden beautiful in years to come.
Position Title: Seasonal Gardener/Technician
Assist with maintenance, planting and building of landscapes.
- Assist supervisor in all tasks necessary to complete a job (i.e., load/unload trucks, move material, install landscapes). This may include installing rock work and gravel, installing all types of plant materials, installing patios and decks, mulching, yard cleanup and pruning, and installing waterfalls.
- Varying working conditions, which require close concentration, visual attention and need for manual or physical dexterity.
- Must be able to work in high temperature and humidity conditions throughout the summer months.
- Protective devices are required during periodic use of pesticides, fertilizers and soil preparation.
- May work with chemicals and substances requiring safety precautions and with equipment requiring constant and careful attention.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Requires ability to work weekends and holidays occasionally.
- Must be able to work during periods of adverse weather and during emergencies.
- Capable of learning and developing skills and mastering functions of a physical and organized nature.
Education Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelors or equivalent degree.
- Excellent organizational skill, time management and a proven ability to provide attention to detail.
- Capacity to conduct a multitude of tasks through effectively prioritizing and delegation in order to guarantee meeting deadlines.
- An ability to achieve projects in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong written skills.
- Able to maintain a driver’s license and insurability.
Company Policy and Procedures
- Understand and abide by company procedures.
- Arrive on time and ready to work by 7.30am.
- Demonstrate good attendance/schedule days off.
- Practice procedures taught by supervisor.
- Maintain consistent level of quality.
- Demonstrate ability to be left alone on jobs.
- Eliminate misunderstandings though questions.
- Take on small sections of projects.
Physical Performance and Skills
- Demonstrate proper handing, moving and installation of plant materials.
- Move landscape and construction materials safely.
- Perform most horticultural skills without direction.
- Develop construction skills (i.e., brick, stone, drain tile, water features and mortar work).
- Maintain positive attitude and outlook towards work performed.
- Demonstrate respect for coworkers.
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player.
Equipment and Company Property
- See that all tools and supplies are ready for the day the previous day.
- Keep the truck fueled and cleaned daily.
- Keep tools and supplies organized.
- Demonstrate proper operation and daily maintenance of most equipment.
- Treat equipment and company property with respect.
- Maintain a professional approach.
- Get the job done right the first time.
- Maintain quality while increasing efficiency.
- Think of ways to improve on quality.
- Operate tools and equipment safely.
- Use required safety equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Gardening: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations