SilverBay Seafoods -Kodiak is NOW accepting New APPLICATIONS for our 2022 Season. If you are new to the Silver Bay Family and have not worked for us previously, please review the job details below and submit your application showing your interest. Our NEW starting wage for 2022 is $15.85 an hour.
If you are a RETURNING SBS employee, please wait for additional communication through PayCom, on how to SAVE your spot for 2022. You are not required to complete this application as a returning SBS employee.
Silver Bay Seafoods is an integrated processor of frozen salmon, herring and squid products for domestic and export markets. We began in 2007 as a single salmon processing facility in Sitka, Alaska. Today, Silver Bay Seafoods is one of the largest seafood companies in Alaska, operating six domestic processing facilities throughout Alaska and the West Coast.
Silver Bay's primary strength is in its combination of having state of the art processing plants and favorable logistics to support its operations; competent management and key personnel; an established fish buying system; and ownership by fishermen who represent over 80% of the committed fishing effort. We are looking for hard-working, passionate team members who are motivated to grow with us. Silver Bay Seafoods offers you many paths to advance within your first season. If you want to be a leader, come join the team at Silver Bay Seafoods.
Processors can be assigned to various positions within the production department including, but not limited to, butchering, sorting, filleting, and case-up. Processors are also required to participate in plant clean-up and other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Work under all these conditions:
- Up to 16 hours per day, with breaks 4 or more hours apart
- Up to 7 days per week
- In cold and wet environments
- Standing the entire time, while also making repetitive motions using hands, arms, legs and back, frequent rotations and twisting and bending at the waist, climbing and descending stairs, and occasionally sitting, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Working quickly and in teams of processors and other employees while mentally focusing on the job the entire time!
Perform job-specific tasks:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Clean, scrape, trim and fillet products
- Open and remove raw materials and place on belts
- Segregate product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size, and place product in containers or on designated conveyors
- Gather, weigh and tally roe baskets
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time
- Discard substandard or defective items and foreign objects
- Pack products in baskets, cans, boxes, barrels, totes or crates for storage or shipment
- Review workspace for cleanliness and safety
- Help clean up the plant
- Always be on time for your shift
- Basic communication with English speakers
- Read, write and recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers
- Basic math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with 10's and 100's
- Perform job operations using the units of measurement, weight, volume, and distance
- Visually identify defects in seafood products
Previous seafood industry experience is a plus. We also welcome employees with no prior experience or training.
Silver Bay Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.#sea