Job descriptionJob Id: 4720 City: Cary, North Carolina, United States Department: R&D Function: Regulatory, Research and Development Employee Type: Permanent Full Time Seniority Level: Associate
In this role, the successful candidate will join UPL's New Ag Technology team as a technical expert, researcher and master collaborator in discovery, proof-of-concept testing and agronomic relevance of novel, new and existing plant, seed and soil health products.
- Evaluate plant, seed and soil health products i.e., biostimulants, biofertilizers, nutrients, etc., in the lab, growth chamber and greenhouse for corn, soybean, sorghum, cotton, peanut, rice, wheat and other crops as requested by the seed and soil health team.
- Plan, co-ordinate and carry out all aspects of lab/growth chamber/greenhouse trial experimentation including not only basic horticultural practices but also physiological, microbiological and molecular evaluations.
- Serve as technical expert on plant, seed and soil health projects; complete literature reviews as needed.
- Collaborate broadly across the organization on planning, execution and interpretation of research objectives and experiments.
- Manage matrix relationships with supporting teams for successful planning, execution and interpretation of research studies.
- Provide guidance for up to 2 technicians and/or interns.
- Work with open ag center colleagues and green house colleagues to meet safety standards and support global greenhouse trial initiatives.
- Ph.D. and 1 year relevant experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor's degree and 10 year’s experience.
- Expertise in plant physiology and phenotyping of North American row crops and other plant species in laboratory, growth chamber and greenhouse required.
- Must have a working knowledge of controlled environment horticulture, plant phenotyping, plant physiology, microbiology and molecular biology with capabilities to design and execute medium to high throughput experiments that may include relevant scientific techniques of each.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.