The Scientific Clinical Analyst is a key contributor to the Precision Medicine department in the Hayes organization. The goal of the Scientific Clinical Analyst is to systematically research, identify, and summarize clinically founded evidence for Precision Medicine topics via health technology assessment methodology. Main responsibilities include gathering and synthesizing information on broad topics to write clear and informative reports. Important supporting tasks include, but are not limited to, performing literature searches, gathering, and synthesizing data, and analyzing evidence. Assignments may vary depending upon clinical area and need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Topic scoping: Gathering and synthesizing content on broad topics to identify and scope individual report topics.
- Searching Electronic Databases and Internet Resources: Conducts a comprehensive search of appropriate databases; outline parameters of the database searches with special emphasis on keywords, cross-references, and selection criteria.
- Study Selection: Works with the Scientific Director or Senior Scientific Analyst, and Medical Director to determine the appropriate study selection criteria for inclusion in reports; selects studies with the strongest study design, such as well-controlled studies with clinically meaningful endpoints published in the peer-reviewed medical literature for analysis.
- Preparation of HTA Reports: Analyze biomedical literature; write reports using Microsoft Office software; organize and synthesize data, abstract data into evidence tables, evaluate the quality of individual studies and the strength of the evidence, and assign a Rating; manage deadlines for reports; interact with content editors, tech editors, and production support.
- Document and Record Maintenance: Transfers documents and maintains thorough records that relate to own production of reports including all decisions related to study selection.
- Method Development: Assists in revision of standard operating procedures used to prepare evidence products.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to organize and evaluate complex content, data, and statistical analyses, and ability summarize findings in a standardized report template
- Skilled in terminology and methods relevant to clinical genetics and healthcare outcomes research
- Capable in performing comprehensive literature searches of all appropriate databases
- Excellent writing skills: ability to communicate well in the English language, including excellent grammar and spelling
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Have the capability to contribute in a team setting
- The capacity to grow, manage, and thrive through change-both as it applies to others and to oneself
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred; curiosity about client and prospect needs
- Proactive, effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate in cross-functional teams as well as to engage as part of a remote team
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills to manage projects; works within budgets and schedules with flexibility and creatively mitigate risks
- Exceptional proficiency with basic computer applications (specifically Microsoft Office 2010 or above-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); ability to manage files and work within a digital environment comfortably; experience with references managers strongly desired
- Passion for helping our clients improve healthcare outcomes
Every organization has a culture, whether they mean to or not, so why not be intentional about it?
Together, if we shape our intentions, actions, and interactions around a common, purposeful culture, we are able to quickly achieve more, attract others who help realize our goals, and thrive in our professional relationships.
- Graduate level training (MS, MSc, MPH, PhD or ScD) or equivalent expertise in clinical genetics or health sciences. Masters or PhD in human genetics, genetic counseling, or other specialty related to precision medicine is strongly preferred
- Strong genetics background and knowledge of study designs, biostatistics, epidemiology, biomedical terminology, and clinical medicine. Clinical experience in a genetics laboratory and/or genetic counseling is preferred
- Prior experience in performing HTAs or systematic reviews is a plus
- Experience searching bibliographic and regulatory databases required; experience with reference managers preferred
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Effective January 2020, we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. **Existing internal employees on immigration through symplr, please connect with the Talent Acquisition team directly.
As a leader in healthcare operations solutions, we empower healthcare organizations to navigate the complexities of integrating critical business operations. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and they rely on our mission-critical systems to drive better operations and better outcomes.
We are a remote-first company with employees working across the United States, India, and the Netherlands. Guided by values, we focus on teamwork, championing our customers, being rooted in action and outcomes, overcoming challenges, and leading through equality and integrity. Read more about symplr's culture and values at symplr.com/careers.
Perks & Benefits:
- Company Sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision (100% employer-paid plans provided)
- Safe Harbor 401K with Employer Matching up to 5%, eligible upon hire with immediate vesting
- HSA Employer Contributions, Employer Paid Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability, and AD&D Insurance Plans
- Generous Time Off Plans, Volunteer Time Off, & 12 Paid Holidays
- Fully Paid Medical Leaves of Absence and Bonding Leaves for new parents
- Tuition Assistance & Continuing Education Reimbursement available
- Additional Employer-Paid Programs: Cleo Family Services, [email protected] Memberships, Headspace Memberships, LifeMart Discounts, and more!
symplr is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, symplr has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to call 281.863.9500 if further assistance is required.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to symplr or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.