Job descriptionJob Locations: US-NC-ROSE HILL Your Opportunity: The Sanitizer safely cleans interiors and exteriors of company vehicles to the standards defined by biosecurity policies. Core Responsibilities:
- Washes and sanitizes trucks and trailers.
- Cleans interiors and exteriors of cars and pickup trucks when required.
- Assists Sanitation Lead Person in maintaining washing equipment by properly cleaning and storing equipment.
- Follows the safety requirements of the Injury Prevention System (IPS).
- Abides by all company policies, procedures and guidelines as directed by management.
- Flexibility with a willingness to change plans according to the direction of management
- Works as a team player by accomplishing daily department work requirements and goals.
- Assists with facility and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for complying with all environmental, biosecurity and safety laws and procedures.
- Reports all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor. Assist with grounds and facility upkeep by cutting grass, take out trash, and cleaning inside and outside the facility when required.
- Reads and understands the company’s emergency notification process and how it applies to their specific worksite.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to do hard physical labor.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to follow instructions and deal with standardized situations.
- Must be able to work an average 60 hour week, which can vary frequently.
- Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
- Must be on call to work in emergency situations to include but not limited to, power outages or personnel shortages.
- Ability to operate a tractor trailer inside the truck yard. Backing skills required to move trailers in and out of the wash bays.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods: Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. EEO/AA Information: Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.