At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Global Commercial Service (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business. GCS, U.S. Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) partners with small businesses and corporate clients to help them manage business expenses and make large purchases through proprietary payment solutions and expense management tool Global Commercial Services is committed to service and innovation and offers our Commercial Card Members a wide range of differentiated products and services.
This role will be responsible for backing frontline sales & account development teams for both field and tele-channels across U.S. SME to identify education needs. The ideal candidate will work in tandem with team colleagues to create, manage and modernize the learning curriculum. This role will focus on relevant content creation and facilitation for on-going New Hire onboarding & knowledge reinforcement, monthly Continuing Education learning, and Leader Backing by leveraging data insights to make recommendations that progress performance.
In addition, this candidate will focus on elevating the customer experience through improvements in colleague coaching, employee messaging, and client engagement strategies that enhance business outcomes. The ideal candidate will focus on long term partnerships with Global Marketing, Product Development, Compliance teams and multiple levels of stakeholders, to execute against the GCS strategies.
This candidate will work closely with the L&D Manager and the team to analyze data, identify process improvements, and own key initiatives to support the development of education treatment strategies, continued learning events and activities as well as on-going call calibration delivery. The ideal candidate will support the centralization and the optimization of tools and resources available to establish learning content for new and existing front-line colleagues across multiple client treatment strategies.
- Manage and execute U.S. SME field and tele-channel Sales & Account Development new hire learning curriculum in both virtual and in-person setting.
- Establish and enhance collaboration with key partners and colleagues to design and enrich learning materials relevant to client acquisition and support multiple account development treatment strategies through digital platforms
- Design learning curricula within time and resource constraints
- Monitor performance against sales objectives to identify skills gaps and create and/or conduct coaching to address those gaps
- Maintain updated coaching materials, records of activities and curricula
- Build and expand partnerships to centralize and optimize available resources to advocate for and support U.S. SME colleagues
- Partner and coordinate with peer coaches, content design analysts, key partners, and Leadership team to provide holistic colleague backing strategies through discovery of insights and consensus building
- Manage multiple project workstreams simultaneously with internal and external partners to contribute to GCS winning strategies
- Own a portfolio of projects, with the ability to proactively identify solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing environment
- The ideal candidate is required to be on-campus weekly and needs to be flexible to work across multiple time zones
- Robust knowledge in Commercial/Business card products & suite of solutions is desired
- Background in adult learning or coaching, including experiences in managing a corporate coaching program
- Previous sales, account development, project management and client interfacing experience preferred
- Possess interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Ability to engage in front of large audiences both in-person and virtually
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to influence at all levels
- Measure effectiveness of the learning experience and leverage data insight to make swift recommendations for improvement
- High proficiency in Webex, Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize time and resources, while continuously seeking to drive process improvement
- Ability to work independently in dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent time management and delegation skills
- Intellectual curiosity and technical aptitude to learn new technology, systems or tools, to identify ways to improve current processes and procedures
- Exceptional people skills: assertive yet collaborative, to engage, and influence cross-functional teams and partnerships across multiple organizations
- This role might require up to 10% business travel
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.