Founded in 1994, Pet Depot has been locally owned and operated and with nine regional stores employing more than 100 pet lovers, Pet Depot is dedicated to bringing quality pet products & services to pet lovers all across North Alabama. Pet Depot carries a full line of supplies & services from dog treats and toys, premium dog and cat food, to pet collars, dog grooming and so much more. Pet Depot also has a wide assortment of live fish, birds and small animals, including rabbits, ferrets, snakes and more.
Pet Depot is committed to hiring compassionate, driven team members that will ensure our customers receive remarkable service for them and their pets. Pet Depot is searching for candidates that reflect our core values & vision of creating a community of responsible and confident pet owners in North Alabama by providing quality pet products, educating our customers on the proper and ethical care of animals, and enhancing the ownership of happy and healthy pets. Pet Depot offers a number of meaningful career paths, providing you with the opportunity to work with the best people, grow your career and most importantly, make a difference in people’s and pet's lives.
Job Summary: Assist customers in their pet car needs and properly complete tasks as assigned. Ensure Pet Depot’s mission, vision and values are upheld in every transaction with customers and co-workers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Service Duties:
- Maintain the Pawsitive atmosphere for every customer
- Answer phones, assist in loading product, run register
- Educate in pet care and product use
- Build customer relations
- Refer customer complaints to upper management
- Exhibit team player mindset when at work
- Other duties as assigned
- Unpack, price, and restock merchandise received in shipments
- Have awareness of appearance of store and merchandising to make sure it fits the Pet Depot Standards
- Maintain stock: filling shelves, & retiring expired stock (see appearance guide for reference)
- Assist customers in custom orders
- Cleaning & Live Animal Care:
- Clean aquariums and live animal cages (see schedule)
- Maintain cleanliness of store: dust shelving, sweep, and straighten product daily
- Feed and water all animals and fish daily
- Report sick animals to supervisor and administer care as instructed
- Confidently handle all animals and their care
- Be able to lift/carry/push 50 lbs.
- Love of all pets
- Previous pet care (preferred)
*All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.*
Job Type: Part-time