Job descriptionWe Are Hiring:
Title: Supervisor- Registered Nurse (RN)
Schedule: Full-Time Day Shift, 3 (12) Hour Shifts Required
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Neurology Department
Additional Information: 6+ months of Acute RN Experience Required. Neuro and Spine Surgery post-op care, Epilepsy Monitoring NIHSS Certification Available, Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Our interdisciplinary caregiver model helps to remove barriers, improve communication and efficiency and empowers you to elevate your role as a Registered Nurse.
We offer EXCELLENT benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
- Free Parking
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year.What You Will Do: Supervise, coordinate, and provide leadership while directing activities of clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff delivering quality patient care and ensuring implementation of clinical objectives in an assigned area.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments of clinical/non-clinical or an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- In accordance with the applicable State Nurse Practice Act, delegate appropriate duties to clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff based on their assessed skills and abilities.
- Gather information from other members of the clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary team and use this data to plan for the care of all patients on the unit for the shift.
- Evaluate the care delivered by other licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff by providing direct and immediate feedback and coaching, ongoing verbal and written feedback to the clinical/non-clinical leader on the performance of staff and evaluating the performance trends under his/her direction and recommends and participate in corrective/disciplinary action as required.
- Participate in the hiring process for new staff members assigned to the shift by conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations to the clinical/non-clinical leader.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- 1 year of experience required.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.