3 Aug 2022
Rose Associates is seeking a dynamic and experienced Resident Manager to join our team!
- Manage day-to-day operations of the property while emphasizing a positive response to concerns of tenants and client.
- Ensure the timely maintenance of all building operations and systems, including the coordination of preventive maintenance work.
- Ensure that all properties pass all surveys, audits, reviews, and inspections.
- Oversee all maintenance and repair work, including obtaining quotes from vendors, scheduling and coordinating work, and reviewing work after completion.
- Negotiate all service contracts, including bidding, awarding, and managing building contracts and ensuring that suppliers/service providers are meeting contractual obligations (i.e., HVAC, cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, pest control, critical systems maintenance, etc.).
- Respond to building emergencies to coordinate resources and provide appropriate guidance in securing the emergency and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Oversee construction projects and capital improvements as required.
- Oversee building staff:
- Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate work performance of management staff and building maintenance staff.
- Execute disciplinary actions for all employees.
- Establish and maintain a productive working environment.
- Approve weekly payroll and all personnel actions.
- Liaise with appropriate unions and union representative.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Full-service oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy. The candidate will also possess the following:
- Supervise the work of outside contractors at the property to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, municipal codes, and safety standards.
- Minimum of 8 years residential management experience;
- Maintenance/Operations experience with a solid knowledge of building systems including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, apartment alterations, waterproofing, & HVAC;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the board of directors, shareholders and management company;
- Must possess necessary licenses;
- Must respond to all emergencies – on-call 24 hours;
- Ability to self manage and prioritize;
- Applicant must possess a professional manner and image.
- Prefer an experienced, tech-savvy applicant with proven practical experience using the most up-to-date motion detection and video capture technologies in order to help reduce costs and increase security.
- Experience with unions preferred, preferably Local 32BJ
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: 777 Third Avenue,6th Floor
(212) 210-6666, New York, NY 10017
Job Type: Full-time