Kavod provides Senior Living and Assisted Living apartment homes for adults 62 years of age and older (and people with qualifying mobility impairment disabilities). Our residences and main office are in the beautiful Cherry Creek neighborhood, convenient to the Cherry Creek Mall, restaurants, movie theater, shops, tennis courts and walking paths. Our residents and our community are of paramount importance. We offer amazing amenities to help each individual remain vibrant, independent and healthy
Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod is currently seeking a FT Resident Care Coordinator to join our team. This position qualifies for a hybrid (mix of in-office and remote work) schedule after training concludes.
SUMMARY: Provides case management services to enhance residents’ ability to manage Senior Living and/or Assisted Living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides assessment, consultation, and information and referral services with Kavod Senior Life residents and families to better enhance residents’ ability to manage Independent Living and/or Assisted Living.
- Provides short-term counseling and supportive intervention for psychosocial needs, grief and loss issues, and adjustment problems.
- Provides coverage, intervention, documentation, and follow-up for resident emergencies.
- Assists residents and family with finding appropriate housing when the resident no longer meets
the requirements of the program they reside in.
- Provides assessment, consultation, and follow-up services for management, staff, and other involved
parties when resident psychosocial issues are involved in housing management problems.
- Monitors hospitalizations, temporary placements, and returns through resident notification,
memos and incident reports.
- Leads direct service group(s), as needed.
- Oversees the partnership, budget, leader supervision and coordination for some resident groups.
Assists the team with program staffing needs.
- Provides periodic training to staff, as schedule permits.
- H&W Department Welcome Committee; delivers welcome packet, bag and reintroduces self to new residents to ensure a connection between resident and care coordinator.
- Establishes and continues communication with outside partners and providers on behalf of residents (when needed).
- Educate, schedule and meet with residents to complete initial intakes interviews and annual health and wellness discussions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Human Behavioral Science which includes 30 semester hours of intervention techniques, diagnostic measures, or therapeutic techniques, such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling, and gerontology, plus two years’ experience working with older adults.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $27.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Kavod Senior Life adheres to the safety guidelines as outlined by public health authorities. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and influenza. Limited exceptions do apply. Indoor mask use is determined by community factors.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO 80209: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- older adult: 2 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location