Job descriptionExperience : 5-7 years
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, is supporting USAID/Indonesia to implement its 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) through a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Platform (MEL-P) Activity. MEL-P provides its services through five components: 1) monitoring support services, 2) designing and conducting performance and impact evaluations, 3) providing research, assessment, and data analysis, 4) providing consulting and advisory services and logistical support services, and 5) initiating collaboration, learning, and adapting activities.
Under MEL-P, Panagora has been assigned to conduct an evaluation for USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/BHA). The evaluation is intended to verify the utility, accuracy and effectiveness of a rainfall prediction tool that developed for farmers in the provinces of Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) and Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT), and to inform future environmental activity related to climate change adaptation and resilience. The evaluation will start in or about April and finish by October 2022.
MEL-P is seeking a Research Assistant for the USAID/BHA evaluation of effectiveness of rainfall prediction tool for farmers in NTB and NTT. The research assistant works under the leadership of the Evaluation Team Leader and Panagora.
The assignment will require an estimated six months of period which will begin in or about April to October 2022, with at least two weeks of travel to NTB and NTB may require for field work data collection, and a week in Jakarta for data analysis. Remote coordination and data collection will be considered depending on Covid-19 restrictions and GOI policies and procedures.
Selected candidate will participate in all aspects of the evaluation, and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to develop evaluation methodology and work plan, including data collection instruments and data analysis.
- Assisting the evaluation team in conducting primary as well as secondary data collection, including collecting and collating documents for desk reviews, setting up key informant interviews, scheduling focus group discussions and associated logistics.
- Assisting the evaluation team in data processing and analysis and maintaining records of data collection activities.
- Providing assistance regarding necessary field work and background research for the evaluation team.
- Taking notes and recording every meeting and data gathering session, including interviews and group discussions.
- Providing administrative and logistics arrangements for potential field work of the evaluation team, if any.
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader and MEL-P.
The consultant will be supervised directly by the Evaluation Team Leader.
Period of Performance
The estimated level of effort for the STTA for Research Assistant will be 45 days. The duration of the assignment would intermittently cover the period April to October 2022.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience supporting evaluation or research activities in one or more following issues: weather and climate forecast, agriculture or climate change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, quantitative (STATA, SPSS), and/or qualitative analytical (NVivo, Dedoose) software and other technology required for digital or remote data collection.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow organization’s regulations and supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to take initiative and complete work within tight deadlines.
- Proficient English speaking and writing.
- Open only to Indonesian citizens.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Eataly North America New York, NY 10010 13 days ago
Cigna Hartford, CT 06152 $78,300 - $130,500 a year 9 days ago