Remote Scheduling Specialist- (3191960)
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the Supervisor of the MGH/MGPO Center for Ambulatory Services, incumbent will receive incoming phone calls and online requests from both patients and referring providers interested in accessing care at MGH, perform patient registration, and scheduling processes. The key role of the Scheduling Specialist is to ensure that patients, referring providers and other customers receive timely, efficient and high quality service. This is a telephone based position; there is no face-to-face interaction with patients or other customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as the face of departments to initiate and coordinate registration and scheduling for new patient appointments.
- Documents all patient demographic, medical, financial, and referral information into the computer in strict compliance with established department procedures for the purpose of getting a hospital registration number and scheduling of an appointment.
- Answers telephone, triages calls, takes accurate and detailed messages using professional and courteous customer service techniques.
- Provides basic information and instructions to patients regarding the practice and the Hospital. Arranges for transport, interpreter and other services as required by the patients.
- Obtains all patient information required by the providers prior to an appointment. Ensures that the medical records are available to all health care providers.
- Completely and accurately transcribes call, referral and scheduling information in multiple systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers of the Massachusetts General Hospital ambulatory practices; supports ongoing communication and provides service recovery when needed with patients and referring physicians
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
- Keeps supervisor informed of issues, especially as they relate to the interaction of the department with other areas of the hospital.
- Provides some operational needs of the office, including but not limited to ordering supplies; assist in training new employees and volunteers.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science/Business, or a Secretarial Training Certificate Program
- Completion of a certified Medical Terminology course
- Medical office or health care or other relevant experience required
- Basic computer skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and general data entry concepts and search functionality
- Epic experience strongly preferred
- Prior customer service work experience, specifically in a contact/call center environment
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to exercise judgment in dealing with sensitive, confidential information
- Detail-oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into electronic systems
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls and work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires ability to translate the request of the patient or referring office into the appropriate action – appointment scheduling or cancelling, message to the provider, update insurance or demographic information – using the tools and protocols available.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the referral triage processes and knowledge of insurance stipulations that may affect appointment scheduling.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
Prudent use of hospital resources
- Office setting near the MGH main campus in Boston.
- Call center environment, no in person patient/customer contact
- Cubicle-type workspace.
- Employee may be required to travel off-site to other Partners facilities to attend meetings and trainings.
- Highly collaborative and dynamic environment
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGH 125 Nashua Work Locations MGH 125 Nashua 125 Nashua Street Boston 02114 Job Schedular Organization Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH) Schedule Full-time Standard Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status Regular Recruiting Department MGH Phys Practice Management Job Posting Apr 21, 2022
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
SPANIDEA SYSTEMS PVT. LTD San Francisco Bay Area, CA Today
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lodi, CA 95240 $17.00 - $19.50 an hour Today