ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses, and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we. Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT
Check out this video on how we help save lives for a living!
Check out more about life at ADT here.
MUST reside in one of these states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Are you a problem-solver? ADT is looking for qualified candidates that possess the ability to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. You should be able to multitask across multiple systems and applications, are comfortable navigating a technical environment with the ability to follow guided troubleshooting steps, such as troubleshooting software and hardware. We're searching for someone that is open to input, dependable, and has a distraction free workspace. You should have a passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including issue resolution. You're not only here to solve technical problems, but also to de-escalate situations with customers by providing patient assistance and support.
ADT is committed to hiring team members who are passionate about providing exceptional customer service – people who understand the importance of customer satisfaction and what it means to their career development. As a company that is well-positioned to continue meeting and exceeding our customers’ evolving needs. ADT also takes pride in upholding a rewarding work experience for all of our team members. The Customer Technical Support Team is responsible for all residential and small business inbound phone calls which consists of assisting customers with alarm system questions, finding solutions for technical issues, walking the customer through troubleshooting steps and other technical assistance.
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Able to multitask across multiple systems and applications
- Receive customer inbound phone calls for various alarm system and home automation issues providing technical assistance and customer education
- Troubleshoot the customer’s technical issues by using our guided workflows which walk you and the customer step by step through various resolutions with the goal of solving the customers issue while on the phone
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Duties also include presenting our Virtual Service Call process that saves the customer both time and money if the problem can’t be solved on the call.
- Assisting customers with scheduling an onsite Technician visit if required, after positively positioning Virtual and self-serve options.
- Strong emphasis on providing excellent customer interactions and experiences by using empathy, soft skills, and connecting with the customer
- WFH position must have private work area that is quiet and free of distractions and meets company standards with adequate internet bandwidth to perform the role
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Being fluid with changes and receptive to feedback towards ongoing performance improvements and technological enhancements
What’s in it for you?
- You play an important role in saving lives for a living
- ADT will provide all necessary equipment and resources to allow you to be successful in your roles, which includes paid on the job training
- ADT provides great, highly competitive pay, paid time off, pet insurance, and other compensation perks (401k + matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, volunteer opportunities, childcare and eldercare resources, and much more.
- Pathway to promotion. ADT provides the opportunities and skills needed to learn and train so you can explore exciting opportunities across the ADT family that will continue to challenge and empower you.
Qualifications - External
- Qualifications/Requirements: *
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to empathize and connect with the customer
- Ability to multitask with ease, effectively prioritize tasks and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated proficient problem solving & customer de-escalation skills
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience required.
- Technical experience a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to type at least 35 wpm.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
ADT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to ensure every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at jobs.adt.com/diversity to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote