White Plains Hospital Job Description
Title: Admitting Registrar Job Code: 800530
Department/Location: Admitting/WPH Main
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director of
Process all inpatient, Ambulatory Surgery and private Ambulatory registration which includes interviewing incoming patient or his/her representative to obtain pertinent demographic and insurances data and obtaining required signatures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Responsible for generating patient chart, ID bracelet, obtain pertinent signatures, coordinate patient chart to include physician orders, medical consent and to direct patient to appropriate ancillary department for testing.
3. Integrate the use of Davincian for insurance Eligibility, copays and correcting registration error at the time of registration
4. Responsible for checking inpatient and ambulatory patient's valuables with the cashier and have patient sign the Valuable
Policy Release form which should be included in the patient folder.
5. Distribute "Patient Guide" which includes Patient Bill of Rights, Health Care Proxy and Medicare Notices.
6. Responsible for using the language interpreter for patient preferred language is other than English.
7. Process patient pre-admission for all elective patients either by telephone or when patient arrives for pre –op testing.
8. Responsible for informing patients about their responsibilities at the time of pre-registration.
9. Responsible for entering ordered tests into Order Communication system to ensure that the ancillary departments receive appropriate testing orders through the computer system.
10. Ensures that patient chart is completed in a comprehensive, accurate manner giving attention to proper chart alignment.
11. Responsible for setting up patients charts for the following day.
12. Responsible for auditing patients' charts for JACHO compliance.
13. Prepares inpatient, Ambulatory/Endoscopy daily list printed from the OR scheduling system.
14. Responsible for Credit card verification and POS collection.
15. Responsible completing precertification process on the weekends for those insurances’ carriers mandating the completion of the process on weekend.
16. Responsible for escorting patient to Ambulatory Surgery unit.
17. Responsible for Press Ganey patient satisfaction
18. Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Graduate Diploma required
- Abel to type 45 wpm
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Ability to use basic office equipment and knowledge of CTR computer terminals a plus
- Medical terminology required.
Ability to cooperate with others
Must be able to communicate and converse with patients and write in the English language.
Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Integrity to handle the confidential aspects of work
Retains composure under stress
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
- Ability to remain in stationary position 50% of the time
- Must be able to move around inside the office to access charts, physicians' order and patients' charts from the printer.
- Must be able to constantly move from Admitting to ATC, Radiology and Ambulatory unit to escort patients for their test/ procedure.
- Must be able to communicate with patients when they come in for test or procedure and able to communicate with patients who have questions about their bills /financial obligations. Must be able to convey and exchange accurate information
- Must be able to recognize patients when they arrive at the reception area and greet patients
- Must be able to inspect patients' charts for accuracy.
- Must be able to transport patients in a wheelchair from Admitting to Ambulatory Unit.
- Must be able to Observe a Tele Tracking monitor for extended period of time
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer, scanner and credit card machine.
- May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may be exposed to are listed in the hospital's SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the hospital's Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the hospital switchboard, saved on a disc. (Standard for all Job Descriptions)
Primary Population Served
Check appropriate box(s) below:
Neonatal (birth – 28 days) Patients with exceptional communication needs
Infant (29 days – less than 1 year) Patients with developmental delays
Pediatric (1 – 12 years) Patients at end of life
Adolescent (13 – 17 years) Patients under isolation precautions
Adult (18 – 64 years) Patients with cultural needs
Geriatric (> 65 years) All populations
Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities
Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of White Plains Hospital.
Location: White Plains Hospital · Patient Access Admitting
Schedule: Per Diem, Night, 11P -7A Alternate Fri., Sat. and/or Sun. and Holidays