Do you have a passion for the highest level of clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your attention to detail in a state-of-the-art hospital setting recognized as one of the top ten in the United States? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Patient Safety Specialist works collaboratively with healthcare leadership and clinical staff to identify possible or actual risk of harm to patients including the developing and sustaining patient safety programs. You will review referred cases, perform investigations, complete risk assessments, identify and communicate patterns and trends to facilitate improvement and prevent future events. We are seeking an experienced clinician who exercises significant discretion in independently analyzing high-volume, time-sensitive case reviews that may also include literature reviews, data analysis and partnership with other departments.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Significant Adverse Events (SAE) Investigation: Performs and manages system-wide investigational reviews to determine if event meets the criteria of an SAE or California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) definition of a Never Event
- Facilitates the formation and ongoing progress of interdisciplinary Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs) events according to The Joint Commission and other regulatory body requirements
- Utilizes an evidence-based approach in case evaluation and proactive educational programs to accomplish patient safety objectives
- Prepares and presents patient safety reviews utilizing meaningful written analysis, and data summary reports (charts, graphs, diagrams) to senior leadership and other multidisciplinary meetings
- Provides education across the organization to a multitude of subject areas focusing on patient safety science principles and event or departmental specific needs
Bachelor's Degree Required
Current, active licensure as a Registered Nurse (California license) required, MSN preferred.
RN State License
5 years prior nursing experience in an acute care setting preferred.
1 year - A minimum of one year experience in a quality improvement/peer review role is strongly preferred.
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting - 50 lbs., Carrying - 50 lbs., Pushing - 75 lbs., Pulling - 75 lbs., Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Handling, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Kneeling
Working Title:Registered Nurse -Patient Safety Specialist - 8Hr Days
Department:Peer Rev-Quality Svc-Pt Safety
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Patient Safety
Shift Length:8 hour shift