Temporary, part-time position.
Schedule to be arranged (mainly evenings and weekend hours).
Open until filled. First review of applications 6/20/2022.
This position is responsible for the set up and on site supervision of events and private rentals held at the Marysville Opera House. In addition, they may be asked to assist with a variety of recreational programs held on or within the parks department or school district facilities.
Examples of Job Duties
- Supervise the public, children or teenagers in a variety of recreational activities, including facility rentals, performances and special events.
- Monitor participants in good citizenship, sportsmanship, and safety.
- Represents the City and the Parks Department; effectively communicates and interacts with program participants, parents, park neighbors, school district personnel, and the general public.
- Previous customer service experience is desirable.
- Must be at least 16 years of age; parent/school authorization form required for employees under 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check required for employees working with minors.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Provide own transportation to work site.
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occuring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; climb or crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis; lift/move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works primarily indoors and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The City of Marysville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability.
Seasonal or temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.
Location: 6915 Armar Road,Marysville,WA, Marysville, WA 98270
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour