Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley, Central Coast and 6 locations throughout Arizona. IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet specific customer needs. Employing close to 600 people and managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets-up systems & processes to track project data in project management software
- Uses standardized organizational processes that allow for team(s) to quickly locate files so that accurate & current version control is maintained
- Responsible for document entry & auditing of respective team(s) project files; in various software programs (Adobe, Excel, and Word), to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Proofs estimates & submittals to ensure accuracy & inclusion of all referenced items
- Accurate & verified entry of all estimates & change orders with Accounts Payable to process
- Follows-up on all POs associated with respective projects assigned to their project teams
- Generates & updates ship schedules for all projects assigned to their respective project team(s)
- Escalates anticipated delays to Project Manager based on PO follow-up
- Updates & backs-up relevant tracking documentation with Accounts Payable
- Works with Accounting & Project Manager to follow-up & close-out unmarked sales orders with Accounts Payable
- Attends project meetings or conference calls to transcribe notes & follows-up on action items via calendar management
- Performs day-to-day administrative responsibilities to support their team(s) & the wider office team, as needed
- Answers phone calls related to their respective project team(s), ensuring that correctly transcribed message & necessary follow-up action
- Answers & routes incoming office calls, as needed
- Calendar management for project meetings, travel, scheduling conference calls etc. of their respective project team(s)