Hollingsworth & Vose Company is a global technology manufacturing company with a vision of innovation since 1728. What a great story to tell! Still family-owned for 7 generations, H&V Company is a story of success, perseverance and has a great team of professionals leading the way.
Why is H&V a great place to work?
- Be part of the Statewide, National and Global COVID-19 response.
- H&V truly cares about their employees and employees families.
- Competitive salary.
- Great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k) and generous vacation policy.
* Starting hourly rate is $23.43/hour.
The Manufacturing Production Worker collects, inspects, and packages glass fiber in a way that insures visual, weight, and packaging standards are met so that shipping and receiving can accurately fill customer orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates hydraulic lift trucks to move the product after packaging.
- Operates machinery and equipment that collects, compresses, and binds the product to facilitate handling and packaging.
- Clears machine jams.
- Inspects product for visual standard adherence prior to packaging.
- Adjusts the quantity of product to meet weight standards.
- Samples the collected product to meet testing requirements.
- Packages the product and seals and labels the finished bale.
- Records information such as weight, time, and bale number.
- Receives work instructions from supervision.
- Observes and inspects conditions of products to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Complies with safety, environmental, and quality requirements established by external and internal regulations.
- Adheres to general and key job related ISO quality system procedures as defined through company Quality documents.
- Complete and maintain internal lift truck operator certification.
- Participates in line down day maintenance, and miscellaneous cleanup task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 month related experience/training/education; any combination.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, log entries, and memos.
- Ability to write log entries.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Work involves exposure to environments with high levels of heat, noise and moving parts.
- Have the ability to interact at all times of the day with employees in a professional and courteous manner despite occasional periods of stress.
- Have the ability to occasionally sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Have the ability to work throughout the facility while wearing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): steel toed boots, hearing protection, and safety eyewear.
- Have the ability to regularly lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to climb stairs.
- Have the stamina to stand and flexibility to stretch/reach, bend/stoop, and squat and kneel repetitively during the work day.
Hollingsworth & Vose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status
Pay: $23.43 per hour