SummaryThe Production Team Member performs in a fast paced, repetitive bench or line assembly operations to assemble automotive seat units or sub-assemblies having many parts and details and where tolerances are specific or controlled by jigs and fixtures.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Assembly of metal, foam, fabric/leather and electronic components using hand, pneumatic, and electric tools, fixtures and jigs
- Review and follow work orders and work instructions to ensure work is performed according to specifications
- Monitor assembly operations and production flow
- Recognize defective parts and any inconsistencies with production flow and communicate to Team Leads, Supervisors, and/or Managers
- Perform material handling functions as required
- Perform layered audit and quality checks
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment
- Ensure 5-S is adhered to properly
- Track parts and scrap
- Follow and maintain processes and procedures associated with the assembly/production area
- Write detailed production reports as needed
- Performs any variety of operations within the group to maintain flow of work
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process
- Follow requirements of Quality policies and standards, such as, ISO 9001, TS16949, IATF16949
- Follow all environmental, health, and safety policies
- Must adhere to the anti-mutilation policy
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Work Experience:
- Previous experience in assembling automotive components is preferred
- Quality experience in an assembly and manufacturing environment is preferred
- Must be able to properly use quality gauges
- 1+ year of experience in assembly is preferred
- Good problem solving skills
- Proficient skills in math, reading and writing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy walking and standing throughout the shift
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Frequently required to bend at the knees and waist
- Required to use hands to write, type, handle objects, boxes, equipment, tools and paperwork
- Required to raise arms overhead to work, reach, and carry
- Required to use close vision, peripheral vision, focus and see colors as required to read equipment and material labels, color-coded inventory, computer terminal screens, etc.
- May be required to wear safety Personal Protective Equipment for eyes, face, head, feet, hearing, hands and arms.
- Be willing to travel for training if required (domestic/international)
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Ability to work a fixed or rotating schedule
The employee generally works in warehouse and indoor office environments but occasionally works outside, in all types of weather and on uneven terrain.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hyundai Transys Georgia Seating System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Hyundai Transys Georgia Seating System is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity, non-discrimination, anti-harassment policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. All employment decisions at Hyundai Transys Georgia Seating System are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Hiring for all 3 Shifts!
(1st Shift = $0.00 Shift Premium) Schedule: 6:30 AM - 2:35 PM
(2nd Shift = $2.00 Shift Premium) Schedule: 2:30 PM - 10:35 PM
(3rd Shift = $1.00 Shift Premium) Schedule: 10:30 PM - 6:35 AM
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
UGI Utilities, Inc Remote in Wilkes-Barre, PA $17 an hour 30+ days ago
Eplee + Associates Remote $15 an hour 3 days ago
Little Skool on First Brooklyn, NY 11215 (Park Slope area) From $16 an hour 20 days ago
Audley Boston, MA 02114 (North End area) $3,000 - $4,000 a month 30+ days ago