PRODUCT COPY EDITOR
Lifeworks is a global designer and manufacturer of technology, sports, fitness, and automotive consumer products. We focus on all aspects of the product success lifecycle, from concept to distribution and retail sales. We are currently looking for a Product Copy Editor to join our team!
The Product Copy Editor will be responsible for assisting with packaging content creation, product proofing, and editing of existing content, as well as assisting with the licensor submission process. You will be reporting directly to the Licensing Manager.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various product lines, ensuring the packaging design and verbiage is consistent with licensor style guides.
- Assist with submissions to external licensing portals and internal communications.
- QA product descriptions, designs, and legal on packaging proofs, and provide feedback to the design team.
- Perform market research to understand the current trends and emerging technologies to assist with product packaging communication.
- Work closely with design and product development teams to develop brand specific copy and enforce design standards across various product categories.
- Assist the Licensing Manager with the development of an internal content Style Guide and other related documents.
- Handle additional responsibilities as required.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, a self-starter, and organized.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborate with various cross-functional teams.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, priorities, and communicate with internal stakeholders on project status.
- Experience using brand provided style guides.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred, but not required; Familiarity with project management software (preferably ClickUp or similar).
- Preferred, but not required; Knowledge of external licensing processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Relevant work: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location