ENOTAH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
Position: Accountability Court P.O.S.T. Certified Surveillance Officer
Recruitment Period: Open until filled
Salary: $30/Hour for 10 – 15 hours per month. This is a grant-funded, contract position. No benefits are available.
Time: Schedules vary based on officer availability; evenings, nights and weekends required
The function of the surveillance officer is to provide
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are normal for this position and are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
This position works directly under the supervision of the court coordinator(s) and conducts surveillance on program participants. Surveillance officers document each home, employment or community visit including regular searches of the person, vehicle, residence and other property, curfew checks, pill counts, drug screens and astute observations of the participant’s environment and behavior. Officers provide this information for the participant file, coordinator, and court records by entering the information into the program’s database system. Surveillance must be conducted during the times participants are expected to be home after their curfew, which, depending on the program and phase, can start as early as 7PM.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of mental illness, relapse prevention, substance use/addiction and case management practices.
· Knowledge of social and psychological issues regarding substance use and addiction.
· Skill in interpersonal communications in a collaborative format.
· Skill in documenting behaviors and maintaining accurate records.
· Considerable skill in multi-tasking with efficiency and accuracy.
· Considerable skill in working independently in a fast paced, stressful environment.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
Current Georgia P.O.S.T. certification. Crisis Intervention Training, preferred. Knowledge of national best practices for Mental Health Courts and the Standards for Georgia Accountability Courts is preferred.
The position requires a valid Georgia Driver’s License and private vehicle for travel. Applicant will be required to pass a background check as a condition of employment which will include a criminal records check, driving history, drug testing, and past employer checks.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Surveillance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road