Job descriptionSUMMARY: This position will provide administrative support to the People & Culture team with a variety of general Human Resources (HR) duties including calendar management – meeting and event scheduling & logistics, recruitment, employee benefits, updating Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), records management. Supports the needs of the organization and provides quality customer service. May be assigned to special projects or other work functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Assists in data entry and maintenance of HRIS system in all aspects of payroll, benefits, employee information, etc.
- Processes required paperwork for employee changes in HRIS and other related employment matters
- Submits online job postings, assist with screening candidates and scheduling of interviews.
- Schedules and organizes logistics related to meetings, appointments, departmental and organizational events, etc.
- Proofreads and sends documents and correspondence for department
- Assists with mandatory NFL reporting requirements
- Provides administrative support for organization’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion council
- Answers or facilitates resolution of logistics, issues or questions related to People & Culture topics. Examples could be payroll, benefits, recruiting processes or scheduling meetings with P&C department as needed.
- Assists in facilitating and/or providing training (including orientation) to employees.
- Maintains all employee personnel files, complete employment verification requests, and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws as well as league rules as they relate to employee benefits, compensation and privacy.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Two or more years of experience in an administrative role
- Excellent attention to detail, professional curiosity and resilience
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of employees at all levels in an organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven track record to build trust and rapport quickly
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Experience and competency in Payroll, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and health and welfare/benefit systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service orientation
- Must possess a high level of integrity and a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with confidential information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
OUR DEI Commitment: The Minnesota Vikings are committed to creating and sustaining a culture for you. Whoever you are, we are an organization that embraces and empowers people of all backgrounds and experiences and incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into the foundation of everything we do. We are proud to have a culture that empowers our people to harness their uniqueness to develop their full potential as a contributor to the success of the organization and the communities we serve. The Minnesota Vikings are an equal opportunity employer, and we continue to commit to creating equitable opportunities by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.