State of West Virginia is a large business. We are creative and engaging.
Our work environment includes:
- Wellness programs
- Company perks
Our company is in need of a Parole Officer to monitor and check the activity of people with criminal records who are on probation or parole. As a Parole officer, you will focus on meeting the needs of their assigned clients. You will also follow up with their behavior and employment status. In this position, you need to be knowledgeable about criminal justice and related fields. You should be able to cooperate with federal agencies and court system, since you’ll be required to collaborate with law enforcement officers who work with the parole board. Your role is to help your clients find employment opportunities. Ultimately, you should have excellent listening and communication skills, be able to stay calm under pressure and enjoy working with people in tough situations.
- Ensure a smooth transition of inmates into society.
- Interact with inmates, their families and other stakeholders.
- Follow parolees and make sure they are not violating any parole conditions.
- Treat cases independently and fairly in accordance with the law.
- Investigate suspected violations of parole conditions.
- Report to the parole board on cases, progress and challenges, like high recidivism rates.
- Create systems to ensure more efficient case management and reporting.
- Make comprehensive reports on parolees' behavior and provide recommendations for their applications for parole.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Multiple Locations