Job descriptionAt Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
We are customer obsessed at Delta Dental and highly value strong customer support representatives. In this Customer Service Representative I position you will have the opportunity to make a difference at the front lines of our operation as you handle inquiries efficiently and accurately in a timely manner. You are the company’s primary point of communication to customers. Responsibilities of the position will include: researching and responding to customers by telephone, electronic or written inquiries and providing excellent service to customers with information regarding basic eligibility, benefits and claims status with emphasis on customer retention.
Due to COVID-19, training for this role will be remote, lasting anywhere from 4-8 weeks. Candidates must have their own personal computer and remote internet access as Delta Dental cannot provide any technical equipment to complete this training.
How you will make an impact:
- Respond to basic telephone, electronic, written inquiries from dental or vision professionals, groups, subscribers and brokers or customers.
- Expediently access reference materials to analyze and determine appropriate responses to telephone, electronic and written inquiries.
- Communicate basic eligibility, benefits and claims status and forward specific inquiries as directed for priority resolution.
- Accurately complete online, hard copy forms and route to the appropriate department.
- Document each customer encounter or resolution in the appropriate computer tracking system.
- Obtain pertinent patient demographics and document this information in a patient database when required.
- Provide information for subscribers such as questions pertaining to insurance, billing, claims or eligibility.
- Identify, report and document system discrepancies.
- Meet and maintain production standards, counts and inquiry response turnaround.
What we look for:
- Position Requirement: a personal computer and remote internet access
- We would prefer someone with high school diploma, GED, or above, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration
- A minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy and fax machine etc.)
- If you've ever called a customer support line yourself, you know that attitude is a make it or break it!
- We want someone who will be warm and empathetic with customers and diligently seek accurate answers to their questions
- Some experience in dental industry or retail customer service is preferred
- Must be able to work shift from Monday - Friday 11:30 am EST - 8:00 pm EST
Benefits and perks:
- 10 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
At Delta Dental we: Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments. Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities. Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram, @deltadentalins on Twitter, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn. ABOUT Delta Dental Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation. We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country. Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to you.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental of New York
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Alabama State University Bookstore Montgomery, AL 36104+2 locations 30+ days ago
Regional Transportation Commission of Southern... Las Vegas, NV $47,195 a year 3 days ago
Sutherland Remote in Dallas, TX 75215+21 locations $15 an hour 30+ days ago
Edmonds School District Lynnwood, WA 98036 $49.41 an hour 30+ days ago