Job descriptionInitial Posting Date: 06/01/2022 Application Deadline: 08/17/2022 Agency: Oregon State Department of Police Salary Range: 5355.00 - 7534.00 Position Type: Employee Position Title: Oregon State Police Recruit Trooper - Lateral and Entry Level Job Description: Oregon State Police Recruit Trooper – Lateral and Entry Level Oregon State Police Patrol Services Bureau Multiple Statewide Openings Continuous Recruitment Oregon State Police will begin accepting applications for the Recruit Trooper position, Lateral and Entry Level, on a continuous basis. This means that you may apply at any time!
- Applications received from May 19, 2022 through August 17, 2022, will be considered for a Recruit School beginning in August 2023.
- Applications received from August 18, 2022 through January 18, 2023, will be considered for a Recruit School beginning in November 2023.
Dedication – We are dedicated to delivering innovative and professional public safety services.
Loyalty – We are loyal to the agency’s mission and to providing equal service to all.
Compassion – We will serve all people and fulfill our duties with the utmost understanding and empathy.
Integrity – We will act with the highest level of responsibility and accountability in accordance with the public’s interest and trust. The hiring process for recruits is extensive. The time from application to appointment can exceed several months. There are ten steps in the hiring process. Read and review all steps and become familiar with the different tests and systems you’ll need to access before you begin. You can find all of the steps outlined here. OSP has offices located throughout Oregon. Troopers will typically work out of an Area Command or Worksite location. Area Commands are larger offices located in more metropolitan areas. They are supervised by a Lieutenant and at least one Sergeant and may have several Troopers assigned to them. Worksites are satellite offices usually located in smaller communities. Worksites are supervised by a Sergeant who is overseen by the local Area Commander and staffed by fewer Troopers than an Area Command. The Oregon State Police is seeking Recruit Troopers for positions that are available at various locations throughout Oregon. As part of a Conditional Job offer, Recruits will be assigned a Duty Station in Oregon. Operational needs of the agency will weigh heavily on the initial assignment of hired Troopers. However, we work with our staff to identify locations that are geographically compatible to their desired location. Minimum Qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen by birth or Naturalized United States Citizen –OR- able to attain citizenship within 18 months of hire
- ***OAR 259-008-0019 – 1 Citizenship (a) & (b)
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent*
- Applicants must be 21 years old on the first day of employment per OAR 259-008-0010
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license
- Meet all applicable medical and physical requirements, AND;
- Pass all applicable background, credit, and criminal history checks
- Be in good health and of good moral character: moral character is defined as possessing the attributes of empathy, courage, fortitude, honesty, loyalty, and additional virtue deemed to be morally good
- If you are selected to move forward in the selection process, you must provide official transcripts from all institutions of higher education that were used in meeting the above-mentioned minimum qualifications.
- General knowledge and ability to interpret and apply Oregon Revised Statue (ORS) and Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that can de-escalate a situation, end an attempted assault, and maintain mental and emotional safety
- Ability to apply critical thinking and decision-making skills in stressful situations where timely resolution is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and maintain composure in a position highly subject to public scrutiny
- Demonstrated integrity and ethics along with responsibility and accountability in all professional and personal interactions
- Demonstrated knowledge and desire to learn about law enforcement as a career. This is to include participating in ride-alongs with OSP or other law enforcement agencies, knowledge of the OSP mission and values, and actively preparing for a career in law enforcement
- In Workday, follow the “Apply” process and complete the online application.
- Complete any additional questionnaires to ensure that your application is complete
- You must register and complete the Recruit Trooper Hiring Steps 1, 2, 4 and 5 listed on the OSP Jobs and Careers Website: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/jobs/Pages/Recruitment.aspx .
- Scores for steps 1, 2, 4, and 5 must be received no later than nine calendar days after the “end” date for each recruitment period listed above.
- If you choose to submit any documents, please submit them in either MS Word or PDF format. We will not open other types of documents
- You may be asked to submit additional information after the initial application
- Internal OSP OSPOA Employees may receive preference in the interview process.
- Lateral Certified Police Officers may receive preference in the recruitment process.
- This recruitment announcement will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancies and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
- The below information is provided for your information and compliance:
- Tattoo, Body Modification & Jewelry Policy
- The purpose of this policy is to establish tattoo, piercing, body modification and jewelry guidelines for the Department. The policy will assist in preserving a professional appearance standard and will promote public confidence in all Department members. Applicants who remain noncompliant with these standards will not be appointed to the Academy.
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If a successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will reflect an additional 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details.
- Prior to applying you should ensure all sections of your Workday Job History page are accurate and complete. This information is utilized during the pay equity analysis phase. Please monitor your Workday account, as communications will be sent to your Workday account. You may be asked to submit additional information after the initial application. If you would like to retain a copy of the job announcement, please print this page for your records. Once your application has been processed, you will no longer be able to review the announcement. Additionally, Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Eligible Veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the following website: Veterans Resources , or call Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666. NOTE: If claiming Veterans’ preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your “My Applications” section.
- OSP does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete I-9 documentation and confirm authorization to work in the United States. If your employment authorization and documentation is contingent on sponsorship now or in the future, you will not meet DAS employment eligibility standards.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Goodwill-Easter Seals MN Saint Paul, MN 55104 $23 - $25 an hour 24 days ago