Nursing Assistant (CNA or non-certified), Chenango Memorial Hospital
Experienced Certified Nursing Assistant candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000.
United Health Services (UHS) is seeking full-time Nursing Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join our team at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital in Norwich, New York. Employees who work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits.
Shift: Day, evening, and night shifts available
Hours per week: 20 - 40 or per diem as assigned
Department: Opportunities in the Emergency Department, Medical Surgical Unit, and Long-Term Care Facility
Salary range: $15.00 - $21.00/hour, depending on experience
If you’re a qualified candidate, a UHS recruiter will be in touch with you after you submit your application to determine which department and shift is best for you.
Nursing Assistant and CNA Position Overview
As a Nursing Assistant, you’ll be an integral part of our care team at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital. Working alongside a team of RNs, providers, and allied health professionals, you can help us promote a caring and healing environment for our patients. Our patients, residents, and their families put their trust in our Nursing Assistants, who often provide one-on-one care and get to know those they care for on their unit, especially in our Residential Long-Term Care Facility.
- Provide basic patient care including activities related to daily living and personal needs
- Assist residents with eating and hydration by opening containers, cutting food, or feeding residents when directed by the RN
- Measure and record a variety of clinical measurements (vital signs, weight, intake, and output)
- Communicate regularly with nursing staff about patients’ conditions according to unit standards
- Document all daily living activities and behaviors
Nursing Assistant and CNA Position Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- New York State Certified Nurse Aide credential (required for Long-Term Care candidates; not required for Med-Surg or ED candidates)
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire
- Commitment to United Health Services’ Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Completion of a Nurse Aide program
- Previous long-term care or healthcare/hospital experience
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We’re proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Tuition reimbursement options to further your career and education in the nursing field
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York’s Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, specialty care practices, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we’re Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you’ll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Per diem
Pay: $15.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- New York State Certified Nurse Aide credential (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location